Launch Your Culinary Career, with Confidence!
Also known as Silver, accredited by the Confederation of Tourism and hospitality. More information on that here >
This is our unique intermediate level culinary programme, which can be a 4 week top-up training course or coupled with Bronze to accrue seven weeks training and an international recognised level 3 qualification.
For those with a serious interest in good food, there is exposure to more unusual ingredients and techniques as well as food and drink provenance trips. There is a greater focus on refinement and the art of plating.
There are many advantages in choosing WhitePepper Chef Academy not least working alongside a former Michelin star chef tutor and 3 years career support for alumni.
This course remains a popular stepping stone to the following applicants:
- Aspiring chefs (as a professional springboard)
- Existing chefs (broaden, refresh and top-up skills)
- Career changers (to professionalise skills in a concise manner)
- Foodpreneurs (to create leverage for a business plan)
- Ski chalet hosts & yacht chefs (providing inspiration and confidence)
- Enthusiasts (as part of personal development & life skills)
- Gap year students (to build a comprehensive repertoire and life skills)
Request a Brochure
Students are provided with an electronic copy of the programme which contains over 70 main (intermediate) recipes at this silver level. Each student has access to a WhitePepper tablet for the duration of the course to follow the course and also take pictures to evidence their professional development.
Sample of popular topics covered through the medium of practical cookery:
- Fine dining
- Advanced knife skills
- Feathered & furred British game
- Fish & shellfish (inc. crustaceans)
- Butchery (prime joints)
- Bread making masterclass
- Pastry & pasta masterclass
- Cooking by sous-vide
- Invention testing
- Introduction to provenance (up to 2 day trips)
- Food allergy awareness training
- Understanding HACCP
- Kitchen management skills
- 3 year career support
The following accreditation is awarded to graduates:
- Culinary Arts Silver Certificate (WhitePepper Chef Academy)
- Professional Cookery Certificate Level 3 (Confederation Tourism & Hospitality)
- Food Allergy Awareness (City & Guilds)
- 25 Qualification Framework Credits (Ofqual)
Higher QualificationsRequest a Brochure
- Full time: Mon-Fri (09:00-17:00)
- 4 Weeks: 35 hrs per week (180 hrs)
- 100% focus on practical cookery (IE no dedicated theory lessons)
- Exclusive access to WhitePepper’s training kitchen/facilities
- All ingredients and equipment provided
- Electronic recipes and use of tablet during course
- 2 chef jackets, 1 chef trousers, 2 aprons
- Refreshments, lunch and food to take home
- Assessment fees
- Certificates and medals post graduation
- VIP access to alumni platforms for networking
- 3 years continued career support
Train in a Bespoke Kitchen
Light and spacious training kitchen with individual wooden workstations, steel bakery benches, professional Rangemaster ovens and specialist culinary equipment. Training in purpose-built facilities gives the experience of working in a real-life commercial kitchen.
- Open plan training kitchen
- Demonstration theatre with overhead mirror and live-feed TV monitors
- Herb and vegetable garden
- Student common room with lockers
- Dining room and outdoor seating
- Retail courtyard centre on-site (cafe, garden centre & farm shop)
Fees & Funding
The fee is listed in GBP at the bottom of this course details page and includes Vat. A 15% non-refundable deposit will secure enrollment. Please speak to the office to discuss paying in installments and/or potential funding options.Request a Brochure
Read our frequently asked questions to find out more about the course.
How to Apply
The Silver Certificate runs throughout the year but places are limited to 12, so please be vigilant to secure your place. Courses are advertised up to 18 months in advance.
To apply or to speak with a student advisor contact us