Unique ‘food safari’ experiences, taking you behind the scenes with farmers and producers in idyllic locations.
The Dorset hills and valleys (and coastline) are home to some of the UK’s finest merchants and artisans. Sourcing directly and understanding the supplier’s story and the food’s journey can have a profound benefit but also underpins an ethical and environmental approach to sustainability; not least by eating seasonally, avoiding unnecessary food miles and by supporting local economies.
This 3 day course is suitable for those who are keen to better understand this process and also those who wish to partake in a true field-to-fork experience. Suitable for both professionals and enthusiasts.
“Courses are so thoughtfully crafted by WhitePepper…even the names piques your interest and the courses are gripping from start to finish, comprising active forays in the Dorset countryside and acquisition of new skills…” Nick Wyke, Times Food Online.
- 3 day provenance tour at handpicked food venues
- 1-2-1 with producers
- Understand the food journey
- Behind the scenes case studies
- Sampling and tastings
- Nationally award winning butchers
- Cottage industry cheesemakers
- Harbour side fish merchants
- Artisan charcuterie
- International watercress, salad and wasabi farm
- Dorset brewery and distillery
Please note; each course contains a seasonal selection of 3 from the above list.
- Hot and cold beverages and biscuits
- Transport to and from WhitePepper
- Interactive demonstrations
- Expert opinions and advice
- Packed lunch on each day
- Course handouts