Launch Your Culinary Career, with Confidence!
The Culinary Arts Silver Certificate is a four week intermediate level culinary programme for those who already have a foundation of culinary skills and knowledge. There is exposure to more unusual ingredients and techniques as well as two provenance trips included. There is a greater focus on refinement and the art of plating.
Prospects for graduates at this level are excellent and enabled by our unique 3 years career support
This culinary training course remains a popular choice for the following applicants:
- Existing chefs (refresh and top-up skills)
- Aspiring chefs (as a professional springboard)
- Career changers (to professionalise skills in a concise manner)
- Foodpreneurs (to create leverage for a business plan) – also see Food Business Start-up
- Enthusiasts (as part of personal development & life skills)
Request a Brochure
Students are provided with an electronic copy of the programme which contains over 70 intermediate recipes at this silver level. Each student has access to a WhitePepper tablet for the duration of the course to follow the course and also take pictures to evidence their professional development.
Sample of popular topics covered through practical cookery:
- Fine dining
- Advanced knife skills
- Feathered & furred British game
- Fish & shellfish (inc. crustaceans)
- Butchery (prime cuts & French cuts)
- Clarification & consomme
- Bread making masterclass
- Pastry & pasta masterclass
- Cooking by sous-vide
- Invention testing
- Introduction to provenance (2 day trips)
- Food allergy awareness training
- Understanding HACCP
- Kitchen management skills
- 3 year career support
The following accreditation is awarded to graduates:
- Culinary Arts Silver Certificate (WhitePepper Chef Academy)
- Professional Cookery Certificate Level 3 (Confederation Tourism & Hospitality, having completed The Bronze Award or equivalent).
- Food Allergy Awareness (City & Guilds)
- 25 Qualification Framework Credits (Ofqual, having completed The Bronze Award or equivalent).
Next Steps…Request a Brochure
- Full time: Mon-Fri (09:00-17:00)
- 4 Weeks: 35 hrs per week (160 hrs)
- 100% practical cookery (no dedicated theory lessons)
- Exclusive access to WhitePepper’s training kitchen
- All ingredients and equipment
- Electronic recipes and use of tablet during course
- 2 chef jackets, 1 chef trousers, 2 aprons
- Refreshments, lunch and food to take home
- Assessment fees
- Certificates and medals on completion
- VIP access to alumni platforms for networking
- 3 years continued career support
- Tuition by a former Michelin star chef
Train in a Bespoke Kitchen
Light and spacious training kitchen with individual wooden workstations, steel bakery benches, professional Rangemaster ovens and specialist culinary equipment. Training in purpose-built facilities gives the experience of working in a real-life commercial kitchen.
- Open plan training kitchen
- Demonstration theatre with overhead mirror and live-feed TV monitors
- Herb and vegetable garden
- Student common room with lockers
- Dining room and outdoor seating
- Retail courtyard centre on-site (cafe, garden centre & florist)
Fees & Funding
The fee is listed in GBP at the top of this course details page and includes VAT. A 15% non-refundable deposit will secure enrollment. Please speak to the office to discuss paying in installments and/or potential funding options.Request a Brochure
Read our frequently asked questions to find out more about the course.
How to Apply
The Silver Certificate runs throughout the year but places are limited and often booked well in advance, so please be vigilant to secure your place. Courses are advertised up to 18 months in advance.
To apply or to speak with a student advisor contact us