Learn traditional and modern Japanese cookery skills. Sushi & more!
Join us for this evening event to discover new recipes and flavours. You will learn how to produce elegant, healthy and skillful dishes under the instruction of our Japanese expert.
- Japanese seasoning and ingredients
- All aspects of sushi from preparation to presentation
- Equipment and utensils
- Japanese cookery and basics (Dashi stock and Gari)
Typical style of recipes:
- Gari (Japanese pickled ginger for sushi)
- Caramelised Sweet Soy carrot
- Sushi Rolls with Avocado, Cucumber and Prawn
- Japanese Egg Omelette
- Chawan-mushi (Chicken and Prawn Savoury Custard)
- Expert tuition and advice
- 75% Practical experience on behalf of the student
- Short cookery skills demonstrations
- Take-home recipe packs
- Hot and cold refreshments from the bar (including freshly baked biscuits)
- Sit-down meal, enjoying dishes you have created.
This course is suitable for the amateur and enthusiast.
Take a look at our FAQs which include useful tips.
“Very welcoming and friendly. Everything was very professionally set up for the tasks we were performing. The equipment was excellent.” A. Leigh
“Good first experience with Japanese cooking. Great fun.” S. Fehrenbacher