Try your hand at real Italian food, including making fresh artisan pasta and mouthwatering potato Gnocchi.
Spend the day with award winning Chef Luke, who was also finalist for Best Chef Tutor at the British Cookery School Awards 2014, to create a rich offering of Italian dishes – celebrating the big flavours of this cuisine and creating everything from scratch using our secret recipes for fresh artisan pasta.
Discover why it is important to use the right flour and have the right consistency for pasta dough, the right potato for Gnocchi and just how to shape Tortellini or hand-cut Pappardelle ribbons, for example.
These skills are an integral part of Italian cuisine – techniques that appear so simple. In fact, they can take years to master, but spend a day with our expert team and you’ll be creating delicious ‘sunshine’ dishes in a matter of hours.
Our one-day Italian course also covers some basic knife skills, sauce making, fish cookery and vegetarian cookery.
- Secret recipe for fresh artisan egg pasta
- Secret recipe for potato Gnocchi
- Fresh pasta: making, resting, rolling thicknesses, shaping, cutting and cooking
- Selection of recipes for meat, fish and with vegetables only
- Everyday chopping skills
- Authentic Italian sauces
- Italian style cakes, biscuits and desserts
Typical recipes covered:
- Potato Gnocchi with Chorizo, Tomato and Watercress
- Black Pappardelle with a Crustacean Cream Sauce
- Beetroot Ravioli/Tortellini with Smoked Trout and Caramelised Leeks
- Limoncello Sherbet, Strawberry Salad
- Coffee and Walnut Frangipane
- Pistachio Biscotti Biscuits
This 1 day course includes:
- Expert tuition and advice
- 75% Practical experience on behalf of the student
- Short cookery skills demonstrations
- Take-home recipe packs
- Hot and cold refreshments from the bar (including freshly baked biscuits)
- Sit-Down lunch, enjoying dishes you have created in the morning.
This course is suitable for the amateur and enthusiast.
Take a look at our FAQs which include useful tips.
“Great fun, excellent food and learnt loads. Luke is a great tutor. I’ll be back.”
“Really informative and relaxed atmosphere, enjoyable experience and we created wonderful food!”
“Very personable host with interactive demonstration and individual help creating the most fantastic cooking – a fine dining experience.”