Enjoy learning and practising, under the experienced guidance of our chef tutors, the fundamentals of this beloved and celebrated cuisine. Join us to create these Italian classics from scratch, including pasta using our secret dough recipe.
Discover firsthand when it is important to use the right flour and how the fresh pasta dough should ‘feel’ during the various stages of production. Try making authentic dough dumplings (Gnocchi), commonly used as a pasta replacement, first course or side dish.
Additionally, learn to stuff Tortellini, then hand-cut black Pappardelle ribbons and cook your creations perfectly, to name but a few skills.
- Fresh egg pasta dough (plus colour variations)
- Recipe for ‘dough dumplings’ (Gnocchi)
- Resting and rolling (thicknesses for different shapes)
- Cutting and shaping (ribbon pasta and Tortellini)
- Various fillings, sauces and garnishes
- Cooking ‘al dente’
- Selection of recipes for meat, fish and vegetarian
- Italian style breads, cakes, biscuits and desserts
Typical recipes covered
- Potato Gnocchi with Chorizo, Tomato & Watercress
- Black Pappardelle with a Crustacean Sauce
- Squid Ink Tortellini with Smoked Trout & Caramelised Leeks
- Coffee & Walnut Frangipane
- Almond Biscotti Biscuits
- Focaccia (with semolina, Sea salt & Rosemary)
- Mushroom arancini.
- Beverages and biscuits from the bar
- 75% hands-on practical cookery
- Interactive demonstrations
- Live feed TV screens to capture expert skills
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Sit-down lunches
- Complimentary glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative)
- Local Dorset ingredients
- Use of WhitePepper training kitchen
- No weighing up
- No washing up
- Colour recipe packs to take home
- Certificates given on completion of the course
- Focaccia bread & Biscotti biscuits to take home