Designed for the confident cook, who’s looking for the next challenge. Join us for an intensive day of…cooking from scratch.
Other Course Dates: Saturday 30 January 2016
You’ll master a beautiful but complex three course menu to the exacting standards of a very fine restaurant but this time the emphasis is on ‘fish’.
Don’t delay, join us today to improve your skills and repertoire quickly and efficently.
- Provenance of ingredients
- Refining dishes
- Fish preparation/filleting
- Advanced sauces/accompaniments
- Advanced desserts
- Making Sorbet
- Working with gelatine
- Working with yeast
- Presentation and decoration
Typical recipes covered:
- Salt Cod Beignets with Citrus Dressing
- Skate and Samphire with Warm Tartare Sauce
- Fine Seasonal Vegetables
- Rhubarb Mousse, Fool, Jelly and Doughnut
This 1 day course includes:
- Expert tuition and advice
- 75% Practical experience on behalf of the student
- Short cookery skills demonstrations
- Take-home recipe packs
- Hot and cold refreshments from the bar (including freshly baked biscuits)
- Sit-Down lunch, enjoying dishes you have created in the morning
This course is suitable for the enthusiast.
Take a look at our FAQs which include useful tips.
“A fantastic balance between learning new skills and having a really fun day.”
“Just the right amount of content and skills covered.”
“If there is anything within the cookery world you fear then this experience and format is perfect for you.”