A fascinating insight into traditional Indian recipes and cookery techniques. Dazzle your friends by learning to blend spices harmoniously to produce balanced dishes from scratch.
Spend the evening with our professional chefs unearthing tips and tricks surrounding this rich and vibrant cuisine, including; making your own Dhaniya powder with freshly toasted seeds, learning why gram flour can improve your finished curry, and how to freshen and enrich your dishes just before serving.
Other Course Dates: Tuesday 26 January 2016
We take curries that would have traditionally been simmered overnight or even cooked underground and present you with refined and easy-to-follow recipes, appropriate for busy modern lives.
With the help from our experts you’ll effortlessly be able to create a full, nutritious and tasty Indian meal in just a couple of hours.
- Exploring spices
- Indian Pakoras
- Make a fresh chutney
- Authentic Indian curry
- How to thicken a curry sauce
- Cooking ‘perfect’ rice
- Presentation of dishes
Typical recipes covered:
- Potato Pakoras
- Fresh Mint Chutney and Pomegranate salad
- Traditional Chicken Nihari with Crispy Onions
- Indian Cumin Rice
This evening course includes:
- Expert tuition and advice
- 75% Practical experience on behalf of the student
- Short cookery skills demonstrations
- Take-home recipe packs
- Hot and cold refreshments from the bar (including freshly baked biscuits)
- Sit-Down meal, enjoying dishes you have created.
This course is suitable for the amateur and enthusiast.
Take a look at our FAQs which include useful tips.
“Lovely way to spend an evening – learn how to cook and then eat it!”
“Learning how to combine spices really opens up the options in Indian food.”
“Another great experience, thank you!”