A practical morning learning how to identify, pick and prepare different fungi.
Other Course Dates: Friday 11 November
Held in the peak of the fungi season, this experiential course begins with a short journey to our unspoilt and secret fungi foraging ground in the Dorset countryside. Whether you’re developing new skills or extending your knowledge of fungi, our expert forager will teach you how to identify and pick different types of edible fungi.
Our expert mushroom forager accommodates the complete novice, hobbyist and the rookie forager. Whether this is a special gift for yourself or a loved one, our aim is to provide an authentic experience to expand your skill set, interest and productivity in fungi foraging.
The course price includes a 3 hour fungi foray in the Dorset countryside. Bring your wellies and a basket!
3 HOUR SECRET FUNGI FORAGE
- Identifying a broad range of species
- Facts about seasons, habitats and climates
- Safely and responsibly gathering wild foods and fungi
- Nutrition, medicine, herbalism, botany, horticulture and history
- Tea and coffee on arrival
- Hot and cold refreshments from the bar (including freshly baked biscuits)
- Foraging in our secret Dorset location
- Expert tuition and advice
- 75% practical experience
This course is suitable for the amateur and enthusiast. Great as a gift for the keen foodie. Take a look at our FAQs which include useful tips.
“Inspired to experiment in a safe and friendly way.”
“What an amazing day. So informative and I had not realised how many wild plants were edible.”
“Very good day with lots of interesting experiences. Will definitely be back.”