Feathered and Furred has won the Best 1 Day Cookery Course at the UK & Ireland Cookery School Awards.
“This course is so thoughtfully crafted – even the name Feathered and Furred piques your interest and the course is gripping from start to finish. It comprises active forays in the Dorset countryside, hands-on acquisition of new skills back in the kitchen and is rounded off with a true field-to-fork meal.”
Nick Wyke, Editor Times Food Online
Discover the fascinating journey of both feathered and furred game from field to fork. Learn about these majestic and nutritious meats from the perspective of the game keeper and the chef.
- Brief history of British game
- Sustainable and ethical management
- Game seasons
- Local game knowledge
- Live demonstrations with gamekeeper, gun dog and Harris hawk
- Whole venison skinning and butchery
- Skinning and jointing rabbit
- Preparation and cookery of gallinaceous game birds
- Classic and modern recipes
- Various cooking methods
- Roast Breast of Pheasant with Curry Sauce, Apples & Crisps
- Braised Rabbit with Red Wine, Anchovy & Prunes
- Flamed Red-legged Partridge with Brandy, Tarragon & Grapes
- Hot and cold beverages from the bar and warm biscuits
- 75% hands-on practical
- Live and interactive demonstrations
- Expert tuition and advice
- Sit-down meal
- Complimentary glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative)
- Local Dorset ingredients
- Use of WhitePepper training kitchen
- No weighing up
- No washing up
- Colour recipe packs to take home
Frequently Asked Questions
Please take a look at our FAQs before your visit. Here you’ll find useful tips on location, free parking and what to bring.
Don’t forget your wellies!