A fun and informative course, designed specifically to build kitchen confidence and develop essential cookery skills.
This comprehensive 1 day experience is ideal for beginners and those possibly lacking in confidence. It’s also a good match for those in need of inspiration or if you’re simply looking to develop cookery as a life skill, for greater independence and enjoyment.
If you are passionate about learning new skills and have a limited repertoire then this is a brilliant place to start. This cookery course attracts all types of students which creates a dynamic and exciting learning environment. There is also a fairly even mix of males and females too.
You’ll receive an introduction to the kitchen, appliances and utensils, advice on safe food-handling, fundamental knife skills and a wide range of cooking methods.
- Knife skills (basic)
- Basic butchery
- Cooking methods: sweating, simmering, caramelising, braising and baking
- Seasoning and adjusting sauces
- Simple breads
- Simple cakes
- Organisational skills
- Pairing flavours
Typical recipes covered:
- Pancetta, Spring Onion & Potato Chowder
- Malted Granary Bread
- French-style Chicken
- Quick Orange and Marmalade Cake
- Hot and cold beverages from the bar and warm biscuits
- 75% hands-on practical
- Live and interactive demonstrations
- Expert tuition and advice
- Sit-down meal
- Complimentary glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative)
- Local Dorset ingredients
- Use of WhitePepper training kitchen
- No weighing up
- No washing up
- Colour recipe packs
- Food to take home
Frequently Asked Questions
Please take a look at our FAQs before your visit. Here you’ll find useful tips on location, free parking and what to bring.