A fun and informative course, designed specifically to build kitchen confidence and develop essential cookery skills.
This comprehensive 1 day experience is ideal for beginners and those possibly lacking in confidence. It’s also a good match for those in need of inspiration or if you’re simply looking to develop cookery as a life skill, for greater independence and enjoyment.
If you are passionate about learning new skills and have a limited repertoire then this is a brilliant place to start. This cookery course attracts all types of students which creates a dynamic and exciting learning environment. There is also a fairly even mix of males and females too.
You’ll receive an introduction to the kitchen, appliances and utensils, advice on safe food-handling, fundamental knife skills and a wide range of cooking methods.
- Knife skills (basic)
- Basic butchery
- Seasoning and adjusting sauces
- Simple breads
- Simple cakes
- Organisational skills
- Pairing flavours
Typical recipes covered:
- White Bean and Chorizo Soup
- Granary Bread Rolls
- Garlic and Lemon Roasted Chicken
- Quick Caesar Dressing
- Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Beverages and biscuits from the bar
- 75% hands-on practical cookery
- Interactive demonstrations
- Live feed TV screens to capture expert skills
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Sit-down lunch
- Complimentary glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative)
- Local Dorset ingredients
- Use of WhitePepper training kitchen
- No weighing up
- No washing up
- Recipe packs to take home