Suitable for anyone who wants to improve their overall cooking skills.
This 75% hands-on course is designed specifically to build kitchen confidence and essential cookery skills with Chef Luke, who was finalist for Best Tutor at British Cookery School Awards 2014.
This comprehensive one-day practical course is perfect for beginners and those looking to develop life skills for greater independence.
If you are passionate about learning new skills and have a limited repertoire then this is a brilliant place to start. You’ll receive an introduction to the kitchen, appliances and utensils, advice on safe food handling, fundamental knife skills and a wide range of cookery methods for practical application.
We will quickly put you at ease and help unlock your potential during your time with us, by explaining step-by-step and coaching you along the way.
- Fundamental knife skills (basic)
- Chopping skills
- Basic butchery
- Cooking methods: sweating, simmering, caramelising, braising and baking
- Seasoning and adjusting sauces
- Making and baking a simple bread
- Making, baking and icing a simple cake
- Bacon, Leek and Potato Chowder
- Granary Bread
- French-style Chicken
- Orange and Marmalade Cake
This 1 day course includes:
- Expert tuition and advice throughout
- 75% Practical experience on behalf of the student
- Short cookery skills demonstrations
- Take-home recipe packs
- Hot and cold refreshments from the bar (including freshly baked biscuits)
- Informal lunch, enjoying dishes you have created in the morning.
This course is suitable for the amateur and enthusiast.
Take a look at our FAQs which include useful tips.
“Wonderful host/tutor. Delicious recipes, lovely new ideas to try at home. Thank you.”
“A very interesting and enjoyable experience with an inspiring tutor.”
“Very friendly, interesting, learnt a lot and would love to come back.”
“A really enjoyable group activity. Inspiring tutor and facilities very good.”