Welcome to a thoroughly immersive hands-ons cookery course, created by popular demand for 2020 and by blending knife maintenance and techniques with the art of delivering a sensational dinner party that won’t leave you fraught or neglecting your guests.
You’ll learn which knives are recommended for which kitchen tasks and work through a variety of practical activities to develop and hone your skills. We expect you, by the end, to develop skill and speed in your cooking.
We will advise you in regards to your preferred knives but also recommend a range which in our opinion are at their zenith.
Also included during this one day course is the completion of a three course dinner party for two people with top tips for presentation. This can easily be scaled-up for your entertainment requirements.
Skills Covered (Knife):
- Cutting skills (various)
- How to prepare fish
- How to carve
Skills Covered (Dinner Party):
- How best to organise the food
- What can be done ahead of time
- Keeping things manageable but not compromising quality
- Professional tips and tricks
- Presentation of plates
- Winter Vegetable Slaw, Lime, Soya, Cashew Nuts, Dates & Coriander
- Roast Chicken & Tarragon Risotto, Crispy Skin, Parmesan & Hazelnuts
- Dark Chocolate & Pistachios Mousse, Amoretti Biscuits
- Beverages and biscuits from the bar
- 75% hands-on practical cookery
- Interactive demonstrations
- Live feed TV screens to capture expert skills
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Sit-down lunches
- Complimentary glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative)
- Local Dorset ingredients
- Use of WhitePepper training kitchen
- No weighing up
- No washing up
- Colour recipe packs to take home
- Certificates given on completion of the course
Frequently Asked Questions
Please take a look at our FAQs before your visit. Here you’ll find useful tips on location, free parking and what to bring.