Reach Your Potential, Fast!
The Culinary Arts Bronze Award is a three week foundation programme popular with amateur cooks wanting to professionalise and develop their culinary knowledge in a concise way. The course addresses a broad range of classic and modern cookery techniques, using a wide variety of ingredients and local produce.
There are many advantages in choosing WhitePepper Chef Academy not least working alongside a former Michelin star chef tutor and 3 years career support to alumni.
This course remains a popular stepping stone to the following applicants:
- Aspiring chefs (entry level professional kitchen)
- Career changers (a vehicle for a sustainable career move)
- Foodpreneurs (as an essential culinary foundation) – also see Food Business Start-up
- Ski chalet hosts & yacht chefs (providing inspiration and confidence)
- Enthusiasts (as part of personal development)
- Gap year students (to build a comprehensive repertoire and life skills)
Request a Brochure
Students are provided with an electronic copy of the recipe files which contain over 100 recipes/pictures at this bronze level. Each student has access to a WhitePepper tablet for the duration of the course to follow the programme and also take pictures to evidence their professional development.
Sample of popular topics covered through practical cookery:
- Introduction to sustainability
- Creating time-plans
- Recipe costing
- Menu planning
- Cooking with budgets
- Introduction to fine dining
- Dietary requirements
- Stocks, sauces & soups
- Fish & shellfish (inc. cephalopods)
- Butchery (prime cuts)
- Professional practices
- 3 year career support
The following accreditation is awarded to graduates:
- Culinary Arts Bronze Award (WhitePepper Chef Academy)
- Culinary Skills Award Level 2 (Confederation Tourism & Hospitality)
- Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 (City & Guilds)
- 9 Qualification Framework Credits (Ofqual)
Higher QualificationsRequest a Brochure
- Full time: Mon-Fri (09:00-17:00)
- 3 Weeks: 35 hrs per week (120 hrs)
- 100% practical cookery (no dedicated theory lessons)
- Exclusive access to WhitePepper’s training kitchen
- All ingredients and equipment
- Electronic recipes and use of tablet during course
- 2 chef jackets, 1 chef trousers, 2 aprons
- Refreshments, lunch and food to take home
- Assessment fees
- Certificates and medals on completion
- VIP access to alumni platforms for networking
- 3 years continued career support
Train in a Bespoke Kitchen
Light and spacious training kitchen with individual wooden workstations, steel bakery benches, professional Rangemaster ovens and specialist culinary equipment. Training in purpose-built facilities gives the experience of working in a real-life commercial kitchen.
- Open plan training kitchen
- Demonstration theatre with overhead mirror and live-feed TV monitors
- Herb and vegetable garden
- Student common room with lockers
- Dining room and outdoor seating
- Retail courtyard centre on-site (cafe, garden centre & florist)
Fees & Funding
The fee is listed in GBP at the top of this course details page and includes VAT. A 15% non-refundable deposit will secure enrolment. Please speak to the office to discuss paying in instalments and/or potential funding options.Request a Brochure
Read our frequently asked questions to find out more about the course.
How to Apply
The Bronze Award runs throughout the year but places are limited and often booked well in advance, so please be vigilant to secure your place. Courses are advertised up to 18 months in advance.
To apply or to speak with a student advisor contact us