Concise, Comprehensive & High Value Training
Also known as Diploma in Professional Culinary Arts Level 4, accredited by the Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality.
You can access this 9 week advanced level culinary programme independently or combine with our other training to obtain an internationally recognised culinary Diploma at Level 4 (16 weeks). More information on that here >
Those attending this 9 week programme typically have confidence and/or experience already. If you have ambitions to develop the attributes and skill set of a more senior professional and wish to explore trending topics such as; plant-based cookery, patisserie, sustainability/provenance, whole animal butchery, food entrepreneurship to name but a few, then this is for you.
Uniquely, our Gold Diploma also offers a 1 week stage (work experience placement), to consolidate knowledge and gain further practical experience.
This course remains a popular choice for the following applicants:
- Aspiring chefs (as a springboard to a successful career)
- Existing chefs (to develop opportunities by expanding CPD)
- Career changers (a vehicle for a sustainable career move)
- Foodpreneurs (to create leverage for a business plan) – see also Food Business Start-up
- Ski and Sea chefs (to develop opportunities by expanding CPD)
- Military chefs (to develop opportunities by expanding CPD)
- Enthusiasts (as part of personal development & life skills)
Request a Brochure
Students are provided with an electronic copy of the programme which contains a comprehensive range of advanced recipes at this gold level. Each student has access to a WhitePepper tablet for the duration of the course to follow the course and also take pictures to evidence their professional development.
Sample of popular topics covered through practical cookery:
- Sustainable foods
- Butchery (whole animal)
- International cookery
- Farinaceous cookery
- Plant-based cookery
- Patisserie masterclass
- Vegetarian masterclass
- Cooking by sous-vide
- Provenance (1 week tours and trips)
- Food business operational skills
- Recipe testing & development
- 1 week stage (work experience placement)
- 3 year career support
The following accreditation is awarded to graduates:
- Culinary Arts Gold Diploma (WhitePepper Chef Academy)
- Culinary Arts Diploma Level 4 (Confederation Tourism & Hospitality)
- Food Business Start-up course (WhitePepper Chef Academy)
- 75 Qualification Framework Credits
- It’s recommended that The Bronze Award & The Silver Certificate are completed beforehand or that applicants provide evidence of their equivalent knowledge to meet the entry requirements of this Gold Diploma programme.
- Full time: Mon-Fri (09:00-17:00)
- 9 Weeks: 35 hrs per week (360 hrs)
- 75% practical cookery
- Exclusive access to WhitePepper’s training kitchen
- All ingredients and equipment
- Electronic recipes and use of tablet during course
- 2 chef jackets, 2 chef trousers, 2 aprons
- Refreshments, lunch and food to take home
- Assessment fees
- Certificates and medals on completion
- VIP access to alumni platforms for networking
- 3 years continued career support
- Tuition by a former Michelin star chef
Train in a Bespoke Kitchen
Light and spacious training kitchen with individual wooden workstations, steel bakery benches, professional Rangemaster ovens and specialist culinary equipment. Training in purpose-built facilities gives the experience of working in a real-life commercial kitchen.
- Open plan training kitchen
- Demonstration theatre with overhead mirror and live-feed TV monitors
- Herb and vegetable garden
- Student common room with lockers
- Dining room and outdoor seating
- Retail courtyard centre on-site (cafe, garden centre & florist)
Fees & Funding
The fee is listed in GBP at the top of this course details page and includes VAT. A 15% non-refundable deposit will secure enrolment. Please speak to the office to discuss paying in instalments and/or potential funding options.Request a Brochure
Read our frequently asked questions to find out more about the course.
How to Apply
The Gold Diploma runs throughout the year but places are limited and often booked well in advance, so please be vigilant to secure your place. Courses are advertised up to 18 months in advance.
To apply or to speak with a student advisor contact us