Discover artisan bread making using the simplest of ingredients.
The cookery school stands in what was once the bakery at Bere Farm and we use a combination of a professional bread oven and our multi-functional Rangemaster Toledo XT ovens to bake a variety of breads.
- Working with fresh yeast
- Making, using and maintaining a wild yeast ‘starter’
- Correct kneading technique
- Shaping, glazing and baking
Typical recipes covered:
- Quick White Sourdough
- Carrot and Rocket Bread
- Dorset Beer Bread
- Granary Dinner Rolls
- Pancetta Batch Loaf
This 1 day course includes:
- Expert tuition and advice
- 75% Practical experience on behalf of the student
- Short cookery skills demonstrations
- Take-home recipe packs
- Hot and cold refreshments from the bar (including freshly baked biscuits)
- Light lunch made for you by our chef tutors.
This course is suitable for the amateur and enthusiast.
Take a look at our FAQs which include useful tips.
“Great fun, learnt loads and cant wait to come again and cook more.”
“Great day, great tutor, great food, great company. What more can I say?”
“Just excellent! very informative, well paced, great lunch and most of all fun.”