This popular course is held in the former commercial bakery at Bere Farm, now the training kitchen for WhitePepper Chef Academy and Cookery School.
It dispels any myths surrounding the use of dried, fresh and wild yeasts with a thoroughly comprehensive hands-on workshop for each student.
Five different breads are covered with dozens of loaves baked through the day and a bonus recipe to try at home.
- Working with yeasts (dried, fresh, wild)
- Making, using and maintaining a wild yeast ‘starter’
- Correct kneading technique
- Glazing and baking
- Quick White Sourdough
- Carrot and Rocket Bread
- Dorset Beer Bread
- Malted Granary
- Batch Loaf
- Hot and cold beverages from the bar and warm biscuits
- 75% hands-on practical
- Live and interactive demonstrations
- Expert tuition and advice
- Sit-down meal
- Complimentary glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative)
- Local Dorset ingredients
- Use of WhitePepper training kitchen
- No weighing up
- No washing up
- Colour recipe packs to take home
Frequently Asked Questions
Please take a look at our FAQs before your visit. Here you’ll find useful tips on location, free parking and what to bring.