This popular bread making course is held in the former commercial bakery at Bere Farm, now the training kitchen for WhitePepper Chef Academy and Cookery School.
It dispels any myths surrounding the use of dried, fresh and wild yeasts with a thoroughly comprehensive hands-on workshop for each student.
A range of different breads are covered with dozens of loaves baked through the day and a bonus recipe to try at home.
- Working with yeasts
- Making, using and maintaining a wild yeast ‘starter’
- Correct kneading technique
- Glazing and baking
- Confidence to use wet dough
- English Muffins
- Wholemeal Plait
- Quick Sourdough Baguettes
- Multiseed Soda Bread
- Beverages and biscuits from the bar
- 75% hands-on practical cookery
- Interactive demonstrations
- Live feed TV screens to capture expert skills
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Sit-down lunch
- Complimentary glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative)
- Local Dorset ingredients
- Use of WhitePepper training kitchen
- No weighing up
- No washing up
- Recipe packs to take home
Frequently Asked Questions
Please take a look at our FAQs before your visit. Here you’ll find useful tips on location, free parking and what to bring.