Our beginner course is designed specifically for those who haven’t had much opportunity to cook before and for novices to develop kitchen confidence and practical cookery skills.
Recipes are deconstructed into small and achievable activities, allowing you to cook with ease. WhitePepper’s experienced and friendly team are available at every stage but you’ll also learn a great deal from the cookery demonstrations. With plenty of time for Q&A, you’ll quickly make sense of the recipe-steps and receive instant answers to your queries.
If you are passionate about learning new cookery skills then this course is a brilliant place to start. There are often a fairly even mix of males and females attendees.
- Knife Skills
- Kitchen Hygiene
- Bread making
- Pastry (short)
- How to cook a three course dinner
- Homemade Cheese Bread
- Potted Salmon, Horseradish & Shallots
- Hearty Irish Stew with Pearl barley and Root Vegetables
- Potted Smoked Mackerel Pate
- Chicken & Tarragon Shortcrust Pastry Pie
- Dark Chocolate Brownie & Clotted Cream
- Steamed Date & Toffee Pudding
- Hot and cold beverages from the bar and warm biscuits
- 75% hands-on practical
- Live and interactive demonstrations
- Expert tuition and advice
- Sit-down meal
- Complimentary glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative)
- Local Dorset ingredients
- Use of WhitePepper training kitchen
- No weighing up
- No washing up
- Colour recipe packs
- Food to take home
Frequently Asked Questions
Please take a look at our FAQs before your visit. Here you’ll find useful tips on location, free parking and what to bring.