Build on your repertoire by adding a range of modern baking techniques with seasoned professional Chef Natalie.
Although we love traditional recipes, this is not your Granny’s baking! You’ll spend the day mastering gluten-free cakes, petit four style brown sugar meringues and a chocolate chilli cake steeped with Tequila.
Our comprehensive baking courses attract established caking baking business owners and enthusiastic amateurs alike. With all ingredients weighed up and equipment washed up, you can enjoy a guaranteed 75% of hands-on cookery.
As with all our courses, you’ll find that the value is not just in the recipes themselves but in the discipline/skills that you adopt whilst you’re at the school. Also, the techniques that you master during your time with us enable you to competently cook many derivative recipes.
- Modern recipe for Royal icing
- Piping with Royal Icing
- Run-out technique
- Gluten-free baking
- Advanced chocolate cake
- Brown sugar meringue
- Correct technique for Italian meringue
- Piping 2 tone meringue
- Baking tips and tricks
- Advanced decoration skills
- Incredible Royal Iced Biscuits
- Middle Eastern flavoured bake (gluten free)
- Chocolate and Orange Cake with Tequila & Chilli (gluten free)
- Brown Sugar and Ginger Meringues (gluten free)
This 1 day course includes:
- Expert tuition and advice
- 75% Practical experience on behalf of the student
- Short cookery skills demonstrations
- Take-home recipe packs
- Hot and cold refreshments from the bar (including freshly baked biscuits)
- Light lunch, prepared by our chef tutors.
This course is suitable for the enthusiast and those of an intermediate/advanced level.
Take a look at our FAQs which include useful tips.
“Really thorough and professional, fantastic day, delicious lunch. I want to come back.”
“Very entertaining and friendly experienced tutor. Full of fun. I have the confidence to try new skills and flavours.”