“First we eat, then we do everything else.” MFK Fisher
Young people (from 12+, teenagers and college students) can access the quality of our culinary training whilst still at school with our qualification programme which is easily integrated, carries a 60% discount and equates to that of a music or horse riding lesson.
Think enrichment options, extra curricular clubs, holiday programmes and/or part of Duke of Edinburgh’s Award skill section.
As teenagers prepare to take their next steps in life, a Level 2 Certificate in Healthier Cooking from WhitePepper Chef Academy will equip your students with essential cooking skills, an understanding of healthy eating, increased confidence and independence and kitchen skills that open up opportunities for life and part-time, seasonal or gap-year employment – or even a career.
This 30 session certificate programme is taught in your school by your teaching staff but with WhitePepper’s programme schemes, recipes, lesson resources (including videos), teacher training, discrete assessment and 1:1 support throughout.
“Food is one of the ‘arts of life’. Moreover, a good ‘food IQ’ will promote health and ultimately our decision making. Practical cookery is an empowering life skill that has many cross-curricular applications; you don’t just learn about food; you touch upon mathematics, economics, chemistry, biology and geography. Learning with us will connect you to the trends of today’s food scene, raise your ‘food IQ’, provide an additional platform for student independence, and an insight into the skills required in the hospitality industry which in turn can help with casual jobs and potentially contribute to a career path.” Luke Stuart, Founder WhitePepper
- Access inspiring culinary skills and ongoing support
- Always 75% practical cookery for all participants
- Gain an internationally recognised culinary qualification (level 2)
- Become a WhitePepper Cooks Academy graduate – join the alumni
HOW IT WORKS
- Sign up for our free trial, equivalent to half a term (6x 1.5hr lessons)
- Receive a cash lump sum of approximately £800.00
- Your school fixed and ingredient costs are taken care of
- Option to extend by additional 24 lessons (total of 3 terms)
- Begin at the start of any term, throughout the year
- Simplified student recipes with video resources and age appropriate food theory
- School and teacher handbook with detailed processes and guides for delivery
- Option to add-on practical assessments to gain level 2 qualification
- WhitePepper Cooks Academy certifcate
- Confederation of Tourism & Hospitality level 2 award
- 7 credits on the Ofqual framework