500g full fat milk
20g double cream
60g short grain rice / washed
20g caster sugar
½ large orange zest
5g vanilla bean paste
30g chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Place all of the above ingredients (except the hazelnuts), into a medium size saucepan and gentle bring up to the boil and then turn down to just under slow simmer.
- Stir continually to stop the rice catching on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook out for 30-40 minutes until glossy and smooth. The rice should be plump and soft, not broken up. The liquid reduced to dropping consistency.
- Add your chopped roasted hazelnuts and serve with your spiced oranges having drained them.
Macerated Oranges, Star Anise & Rosemary
2 large oranges, segmented
250g of water
¼ cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1 sprig of rosemary
1 sprig of lemon thyme
30g caster sugar
- Carefully segment your oranges and squeeze any excess juice into a saucepan.
- Top up your orange juice with the water and all the spices, herbs, seasonings and sugar.
- Bring to the boil and gently simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Taste check the stock syrup, pour over the oranges, cling film and infuse until warm.
- Serve when chilled.