Cashew & Date Slaw
20g red pepper
20g red cabbage / 20g white cabbage
20g mange tout
Fresh coriander & mint to taste
38g lime and lemon juice
25g light soya sauce
25g caster sugar
Pinch dried chilli
20g cashew nuts
Salt & pepper
Preheat oven 160°c
- Prepare your vegetables by washing, cutting and peeling according to the vegetable size and shape. You are looking for thin / fine strips of vegetables, to allow them to be partially softened by the dressing.
- For the dressing, use a small sauce whisk to blend the lime and lemon juice, soya, caster sugar and chilli together. Set aside.
- Lightly roast the cashew nuts in a preheated oven 160°c until golden brown. Chop dates into small pieces. Place to one side.
- At the very last minute assemble the dish by mixing together the vegetables, chopped herbs, dates, and roasted nuts. Lightly dress. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Pile high to gain maximum presentation and serve.
1 litre bowl
Small baking tray.