This french patisserie recipe can be made with Sablé pastry in mini brioche tins. 220g of Sablé pastry will make approximately 6 mini brioche tins. Serve with raspberries and single or clotted cream for an indulgent dessert.
- Zest of 2 limes
- 60ml lime juice
- 50g sugar
- 60g whole egg
- 40ml double cream
- Icing sugar, caramelized, to finish
- Raspberries and cream, to serve
Preheat the oven to 160°c / 150°c
1. Line the tins with the pastry then place in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
2. Individually line with parchment and baking beans and lightly blind bake for approx. 18 minutes.
3. Remove the beans and turn the oven down to 150°c, cook again for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. In the meantime, whisk the filling ingredients together.
5. Pour the filling into the cases – filling each of them nearly to the top.
6. Bake for approx. 15 minutes at 150°c or until just set. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin.
7. Once cool, dust heavily with icing sugar before using a blow torch to carefully caramelise the sugar.
Have you tried making a Tarte au Citron Vert before? Tell us how you got on in the comments below.