We’re excited to announce our September competition! To be in with a chance of winning a place on our Signature Beside the Sea one day course, RRP £165 – simply leave us a comment below.
One place on our Beside the Sea one day course on Friday 2nd October at the award-winning White Pepper Cookery School in Dorset.
This course is designed for the enthusiast or intermediate cook.
- How to identify fresh fish/purchasing points
- What is sustainable
- Anatomy of crab. Crab picking
- Cleaning and scaling whole fish
- Filleting, pin-boning, trimming, scoring fish/fillets
- Storing bivalves, preparation of shellfish, shucking
- Cleaning whole squid, scoring and flash frying/BBQ
- Reducing wastage with advice for stocks, sauces and soups
- Classic European recipes with a modern twist
- Cooking techniques
- Sauces and accompaniments
- Presentation of dishes
- American Style Crab Cakes
- Grilled Mackerel, Warm Coriander, Tomato and Herb Dressing
- Scallops with Lemon Glaze and Brown Butter
- Pan-fried Wild Bass, Classic Shallot Butter Sauce
- Seared Baby Squid, Blackened Peppers, Chorizo and Parsley Salad
- Soupe de Poisson with Gurnard and Rouille
- Palourde Clams with Indian Spices
HOW TO ENTER
For your chance to win a FREE place on Beside the Sea, Friday 2nd October, simply click here and fill in a quick form.
Don’t forget to put ‘Beside the Sea′ in your message and let us know how you heard about the competition.
Competition closes on Thursday 24th September 2015. Winner to be announced Tuesday 29th September.