- Preserving Wild Mushrooms
- Mixed wild mushrooms
- Glass jars
- PRE HEAT OVEN 50C
- 1. Divide your mushrooms into those that are prime and those that are secondary.
- 2. Place the secondary mushrooms on a baking tray and place in the oven.
- 3. Allow to dry for 4-5 hours or overnight – depending on their size.
- 4. Allow to cool before storing in an airtight jar. Use as required.
White Pepper’s Top Tip:Larger mushrooms maybe thickly sliced before drying.
- Wild Mushroom Stock
- 25-50g dried mushrooms
- 350ml boiling water
- 1. Place the dried mushrooms in a measuring jug and pour on the boiling water.
- 2. Cover with cling film and set aside until required.
- 3. When using, avoid the gritty sediment at the bottom of the stock!
White Pepper’s Top Tip: Use for risotto, meat casseroles, as a base for a mushroom cream sauce, mushroom soup or vegetarian stock.