Master the art of specialist French Patisserie in a day.
Have you attempted to make patisserie but not quite achieved the quality you’d like? Or perhaps you’ve never tried it and want to learn how to make different types of pastry? Join us on this one day course to produce a very satisfying and beautiful box of patisserie, from scratch.
Our expert Chef Tutor Luke will teach you how to make Choux, Puff, Sablé and Sucrée (sweet shortcrust) pastry. You will learn how to master these classic French pastry skills – it’s all about preparation, technique and craft. During the course you will also make chocolate truffle mousse, sweet lime filling, chocolate glace icing and much more. Pastry and specialist desserts can be one of the most rewarding of all the culinary arts.
The day consists of 75% hands-on cookery along with short cookery demonstrations to show you how to make each recipe. Chef Tutor Luke will be on hand to help you develop your skills and build your confidence in professionally preparing French Patisserie. The group will enjoy a complementary lunch together and you will have recipes to take home, aswell as a beautiful box of finished patisserie.
- Making pastry from scratch
- Glace icing
- Sweet tart fillings
- Professional preparation
- Finishing & decoration
Types of Pastry:
- Choux Pastry (Pâte à Choux)
- Sablé Pastry
- Puff Pastry (Pate Feuilletée)
- Sweet Shortcrust (Pate Sucree)
- Crème Pâtissière (Baker’s Custard)
- Almond Florentines
- Truffe au Chocolat in a White Chocolate Teardrop
- Tarte au Citron Vert
- Millefeuille with Raspberries
- Paris-Brest au Café
- Choux Swans
- Éclairs with Chocolate Glacé Icing
- Expert tuition and advice
- 75% practical hands-on baking
- Short cookery skills demonstrations
- Take-home recipe packs
- Hot and cold refreshments from the bar (including freshly baked biscuits)
- Light lunch, prepared by our chef tutors
- Impressive box of patisserie
This course is suitable for enthusiastic cooks with a good basic level of baking. If you are a complete beginner to baking (i.e. you’ve never baked a cake) please let us know so that we can accommodate your needs.
Take a look at our FAQ’S which include useful tips.
“Brilliant day. Now I feel a much more confident baker.”
“Such a fun and friendly atmosphere with excellent teaching and support throughout with some goodies to take away.”
“Great fun with some great end results. I surprised myself.”