InstaFood is ideal for chefs, food bloggers, food writers, food producers and enthusiasts (2 days)
Lead by Lara Jane Thorpe a contemporary and comprehensive practical course that will enable the student to achieve professional looking food images for both business and pleasure. There is also a focus on the practical application of images through self-branding and social platforms.
Lara is an acclaimed creative commercial photographer specialising in Food and Brand Lifestyle Photography. As a photographer who truly understands the importance of image in this modern world, she combines a creative approach with extensive market knowledge to produce truly unique images for business. Her style and personality shows throughout Lara’s portfolio, which was built on strong foundations learning the trade alongside iconic photojournalist Steve McCurry.
Students are welcome to bring SLRs but you only need to bring a smart phone to achieve excellent results.
- Introduction to food photography
- Photography technical skills
- Food styling
- Story telling
- Reportage photography
- Editing images
- Building brands on social media
- Hot and cold beverages from the bar and warm biscuits
- 75% hands-on practical
- Live and interactive demonstrations
- Expert tuition and advice
- Light lunch each day
- Complimentary glass of wine (or non-alcoholic alternative)
- Course handouts