This recipe is a tried and tested method for making pasta from scratch. You’ll need strong flour and a pasta machine. If you don’t have one of these, you can roll the pasta by hand with a rolling pin. Turn the pasta into tortellini and add a sauce or filling of your choice. A classically simple meal for Valentine’s Day.
● 125g strong flour
● Pinch of turmeric
● 3.5g salt
● 2.5g oil
● 58g egg
- Place the pasta ingredients into a food processor and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Empty out onto a clean work surface and bring together to form a reasonably dry dough.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- To roll out the pasta, first use your hands to flatten the dough.
- Run it through a pasta machine or use a rolling pin to further flatten it.
- Repeat this several times, using flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
- When you have the desired thickness, use a pastry cutter to cut your pasta shapes.
- Make a filling of your choice and pipe the mixture onto the pasta shapes.
- Brush with egg around the edge and fold in two, pressing down on the edges to secure the filling inside the pasta.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes in boiling salted water.
White Pepper Top Tip:
For a simple tortellini recipe, why not add ricotta, spinach, parsley and lemon juice?
Have you tried to make you own pasta? Did you come up against any problems? Tell us in the comments below or get in touch on Twitter and Facebook. We’d love to hear about your homemade pasta experiences.