A light and refreshing dessert which is easy to make and great for summer dinner parties with friends and family. Serves 8.
Ingredients for the Mousse
3 leaves gelatine
3 eggs, separated
Ingredients for the Strawberry Salad
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Brown sugar, optional
Mint leaves, shredded
1. Soak the gelatine in cold water.
2. Place the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and cream until light and fluffy
3. Add the grated rind of 2 lemons.
4. Squeeze the juice from the lemons and add 12 tbsp to a small saucepan.
5. Heat the lemon juice. Remove the gelatine from the water and squeeze out the moisture.
6. Dissolve in the gelatine in the hot lemon juice.
7. Add to the egg yolk mixture.
8. Leave until it begins to thicken, stirring regularly.
8. When on the point of setting, whisk the egg whites.
9. Fold carefully into the lemon mixture and spoon into glasses.
For the strawberry salad:
10. Cut any large strawberries and place into a large bowl.
11. Stir through the remaining ingredients and allow to macerate for 15 minutes.
Tell us how you got on with this recipe in the comments below, happy cooking!