A perfect Dinner Party starter. Easy to assemble and present beautifully, this dish is ideal for a get together with friends or family…
- Cooked puff pastry diamonds
- Egg Yolk, to glaze
- 100g hot smoked trout, flakes
- 80g asparagus spears, trimmed
Quick Hollandaise (Warm Emulsification)
- 85g unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-3 tbsp. boiling water, approx.
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°c.
- Cut the pastry into diamonds then glaze the sides with a little egg yolk.
- Score the top and bike until well risen and deep golden brown.
- Turn the oven down to 190°c and continue to cook until light and dry
- Melt the butter and bring to the boil
- Place the egg yolks in the goblet of a small processor or stick blender.
- Drip the hot butter onto the egg yolks in a steady stream, processing continuously on full speed.
- Continue to add the butter until a thick emulsification has formed.
- Adjust the consistency with a little boiling stock/water if necessary.
- Add lemon juice and seasoning.
- Keep warm in a bain-marie and serve within two hours of making.
White Pepper’s Top Tip- Arrange the asparagus and trout flakes on individual plates. Place the pastry into the centre and top with hollandaise sauce. Let us know how you got on with this recipe in the comments below!