French Patisserie course. Serves 8
- 12g unsalted butter
- 60ml double cream
- 1tsp plain flour
- 50g flaked almonds
- 30g caster sugar
- 60g candied peel, finely chopped
- 30g honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°c
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour, sugar and honey and heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cream in three batches, stirring constantly – bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the almonds and peel – leave to cool, overnight if possible.
- On a prepared tray, divide the mixture into 30g mounds. Flatten gently with a fork leaving plenty of space around each.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until golden and caramelized. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing.
Have you got a favourite Florentines recipe? Share your recipe ideas or ask us a question in the comments below. We make this fantastic recipe on our French Patisserie weekday or Saturday course. Browse our full course calendar here.